Thursday, December 6, 2007

Object Paper!

As you walk into the bedrooms of young-adults my age you find them to be dirtied in the sense of unorganized. Clothes are thrown wherever they please, hanging on the bed rail. Piles on the floor. Items are scattered everywhere on top of their dressers, placed randomly. Closets are piled high to where the door won't even close. Now these people may dress well, look neat with their everyday appearance, hair styled, and clothes pressed. An overall clean look. But you don't truly know how a person is until you've been in their house. These people create a disguise for who they truly are when at home and away from society. For me though, I don't put on a disguise.

My room can be compared to a museum. It is one of the cleanest rooms you'll ever walk into. First off, all of the furniture in my room including my ceiling fan, night stand, table lamp, and any accessories is all black. Every item has a modern, clean, new look to it. Through the door you come upon a bed in which the comforter is perfectly flat. The hangover material on the sides is exactly the same length on each side. The pillows are perfectly aligned and straight across horizontally. The dresser in which houses my television sits exactly between my entrance door and closet door. The stereo on top has speakers in which are aligned at the same angle. The dresser that sits in front of my bed includes my summer clothes. Each of the six drawers are assigned for a different type of clothing such as shorts and shirts. The items are then neatly placed in the drawer, folded and by color. For example all white shirts are placed in a pile separate from grey shirts. My closet holds the clothes for the winter months. All items of clothing are hung on hangers in order by color and brand. I find this makes life easier in order to find a certain sweatshirt. Valuables of mine are kept in boxes that are stacked precisely on top of one another. My five pairs of shoes line of the floor of my closest in a horizontal line. An outer shelving around my entire room includes large hand made chess pieces. These like all other items in my room are placed equally apart from one another. Above the chess pieces is three more wall shelves that contain three ornaments each. Between by bed and my dressers are area rugs that are strategically placed in the middle of the floor.

Now one maybe wondering how is it that this represents who I am. Well my everyday appearance includes a wardrobe in which is pressed everyday. No wrinkles are to be found on my clothing. My dress is appropriate and nice. My shoes must be whiten to the max, no marks to be found on them. My hair is styled for perfection and I shave approximately every two days. I can not stand the look of facial hair, it has a dirty appearance in my eyes. My hair never gets longer than two inches, I get a hair cut every two weeks. I am true to myself with how I am in public to how I am in relation at home. Cleanliness is one of my values in which I live by day to day. Other people may appear clean but deep down inside, at home, they are truly a dirty, unorganized person. Looks are deceiving but my looks relate to my lifestyle at home in my bedroom.

2 comments:

Birdman said...

Your significant object describes you well. You seem to take alot of time in your day to make your appearance the way you want it to be. Your description reminds me of Holden's description of Stradlater's razor. You seem to not be a "secret slob" like alot of people are.

anonymous said...

I think they way you depicted something as simple as a room was very well written. A lot of people can relate to something like this, because your room is like a sanctuary and it is personal. I like how you connected it to other things as well.