Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Color Black!!!

Colors give off different emotions for everyone for we are all unique and different in many ways. For one person the color yellow might bring a joyful thought to their mind. But another person may view the color as ill and cowardly. From colors you can relate yourself and your emotions. For me that color happens to be "black." Now the color black to somebody may be viewed with negative emotions. Black can represent evil, fear, and morning. But I have not chosen the color black because of the negative aspects that the color gives off. My reasons for doing so is I believe the color’s positive vibes represent me well.

First to start off the color black represents elegance and class. For me this is important, I feel that it separates myself from the rest of the usual colors. It sets a higher standard for myself and shows wealth either in the form of a suit or a sweatshirt. A true gentleman looks exquisite in the fascinating color of black. Recently I bought a Lacoste sweatshirt and was undecided on what color to buy. The black or the grey one? I went into the changing room and tried on the grey one first, and wasn’t to pleased with how it looked. Then I tried on the black one and right away I knew it was perfect for myself. The color just allows other items to shine such as a watch. It makes those elegant items glisten and stand out.

I also admire the color black because it is mysterious. I like to be mysterious at times and not always let people know everything. Just let them draw their own conclusions and see what stories they come up with or ideas. The color also represents authority, it makes a bold statement. I do not like when people question my authority and my opinions. The color black has great benefits in my opinion.

Black can go both ways, it could represent evil, fear, and morning. But for me it’s a positive color of elegance, class, wealth, mystery, and authority. This is why the color black suits me well, better than any other color.

7 comments:

starrynights987 said...

i like this writing. i like the way you managed to find positive things as well as the normal negative for the color black. good language. nice job.

anonymous said...

I liked the descriptive word use. I also liked how you had not only positive things about yourself. I think you maybe could have connected it with your personality more, but it was very well written.

swimmer77 said...

I really liked your essay, and you're right..the first thing I though of when I saw the word black was "evil" or "bad". I like how you were able to alter the image of what black is usually represented as, and wind up with something elegant and positive.

Very good writing. Your descriptions were also very well written.

ps- I like the example with the clothes!

Mike M said...

I like how you wrote how black is a mysterious color and "and not always let people know everything. Just let them draw their own conclusions and see what stories they come up with or ideas." This is a really good quote because it always fun to see what other people think about you. Your comparison of the two Lacoste sweatshirts is excellent! Well done!

fieldhockey said...

I like how you bring out mostly the positive things in black and then just qucikly mention the negative. Most people including myself automatically think of the color black as representing something bad, but by reading your paper, it doesn't sound that bad.

Blue Tiger said...

You did a real good job here turining the color black into a more positive statement. You took it away from the negatives and built it into your own life. You did a very nice job writing this paper and it describes you very well.

NJ-Flies said...

I view black as somewhat of a starter color. Start there and go anywhere. Even though its not technically a base color it still seems like you can branch off of that color in any direction and express every feeling from this color.